Cycle London to Edinburgh in 37 Hours
21 - 22 June 2013
The concept is simple - as a two man team you and your team mate will cycle from London to Edinburgh in 37 hours, to highlight that over 37,000 men are diagnosed with a male cancer every year. You will take it in turns to cycle and rest as we pedal north, non-sop through the night and following day.
The route is broken down into defined stages, each about 35 miles or 2 hours cycling duration. Team riders will alternate cycling one stage on, one stage off, including two/three night stages. Each rider will be in the saddle for up to 200 miles during this fast paced 37 hours challenge.
This is a grueling, unique challenge that will call on stamina and mental determination as well as your fitness. You'll be very glad to see the Scottish border!
What is the route like?
- Predominantly flat with good road surfaces
- Some hills of varying lengths and gradients.
- Mainly 'A' and some 'B' roads for the most direct route.
- Support by experienced Discover Adventure leaders/drivers
- Cycle guide at night and mechanic support
- The route will be marked
- Snacks/water will be available at regular team swapping points.
When: 21 - 22 June 2013 (Depart Edinburgh on the 23rd June)
Entry Fee: £150 per person
Minimum Sponsorship: £1,900 per team of two (£950 per person)
A real challenge but amazing fun. Not for the faint hearted!
London to Edinburgh Cyclist
Tour and Travel organised by Discover Adventure